Friday, November 9, 2012

Old School Toilets- VERY OLD SCHOOL

Sorry for my terrible writing habit. The past 2 months I've been taking photos and writing tons of posts in my head!

I wanted to share my experience with Japanese style PUBLIC toilets. They are rare, and most times only Western-style are available.

You're probably asking yourself what exactly is the difference...


No, I didn't walk into a men's room! I thought I did the first time I went into one in a tiny family owned Japanese restaurant. Thankfully I was wearing a skirt but I was wondering if I should take everything off or just pull down and hope not to splash. Eventually I asked some Japanese friends, they said you just squat and hope not to splash!


The moral of the story is 99% of the time you will get a normal toilet while in Japan (it may be super pimped out but at least you'll be able to sit!)
This article will hopefully save someone some dispair that 1% of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment