Friday, November 9, 2012

Weird flavors I love

Because of my Italian heritage and adventurous palate, many flavors (like weird aquatic life) aren't strange to me. Feel free to add your experiences in the comments!

In the summer Japan has soft-serve ice cream in flavors like gree-tea and SWEET POTATO
Individually the flavors are okay but together they will change your life! So delicious!
Also the sweet potatos that grow in Japan are PURPLE!
Desserts here tend to be a lot less sweet (less sugar) then they are in the US. Which means you get to eat more with out a terrible sugar belly ache after. Which happens to me now every time I eat one American candy bar on base now! 

My hubby discovered an amazing cafe by us that only serves Green Tea flavored cakes and sundaes. Each time I've gone there are easily only 1-2 dudes in the whole place :)
Each Sundae comes with a little side dish of salted sea weed in case you need a savory break in order to finish the whole thing.


 PIZZA here is amazing! It's all gourmet and like an edible piece of art. This one is from my favorite Italian spot in Yokohama Il Rigoletto Ocean Club. This is the four cheese pizza with honey drizzle

Snacks are always a fun adventure! These are air puffed cheddar animal snacks, that taste like real cheese not nasty processed Goldfish. And they help you learn English

 I met Kanna at a camping trip and she offered me one of her bbq smoked eggs from the giftshop at the onsen. OMG I never knew a hard-boiled egg could be packed with such delicious meaty flavor! I have to figure out how to make these myself

No comments:

Post a Comment